A few friends asked me about my curry recipe and as it’s rather simple I decided to write it out last time I made it. So here you go, my easy chicken curry recipe. Makes about 6 servings and takes about 45 minutes. You can easily substitute various vegetables below and use shrimp instead of chicken.
- Sweet Potato
- 1 Onion
- 1 Green Pepper
- 3-4 lbs Chicken breast
- 2 cans light coconut milk
- 1 oz jar red curry paste
- 3 TBSP peanut oil
- Heat your wok (or large pot) to medium-high and coat with peanut oil
- Add sweet potato and sauté for about 5 minutes stirring often
- Add the bell pepper, onion and chicken and liberal amounts of salt (I don’t use chicken broth so it’ll be pretty bland) – sauté for 10 minutes stirring often
- Add the mushrooms, sauté for 5 minutes
- Add 2 cans light coconut milk and 4 oz (small jar) curry paste (or less depending on taste). Simmer for 10 minutes or so over medium-high heat, stirring in the curry paste. Add liberal amounts of salt to taste.
(If the chicken isn’t fully cooked don’t worry, it will finish while simmering.)
- Add raw spinach right at the end and simmer another 5 minutes
- Serve over rice, quinoa or some other grain